CAD Engineer (1 fte)
- Available at 16/6/2022
- Joure, the Netherlands
- Apply now
At DMT Environmental Technology we have a challenge; creating the clear and prosperous future. We
offer solutions for biogas upgrading and resource recovery and these technologies contribute to a
sustainable world. Development, innovation and people, planet, profit are our core values and are
imbedded our companies’ culture. Known for our technical leadership and quality, we are ready to
change the future of energy!
The piping designer delivers detailed analytical concepts and then backs up those concepts with
written justification. You take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, including
budgeting and operational considerations. The piping designer works with an international team
finding solutions to improve existing installations, both commercial and technical. Drafts reports based
on information gathered from systems in the field. The position requires the piping designer to be
familiar with regulations and know how to implement them in manuals. The piping designer interfaces
an individual with experience in the various aspects of piping design who can perform the duties of a
Lead Designer for mid-size and small projects. These duties include producing P&ID, piping and
general site-layout, piping design drawings, 3D model, interfacing with vendors and fabricators and
other engineering disciplines and performing field design work.
The CAD engineer will:
• Develop the design of complex piping models given basic information such as P&ID’s, 3D
models, 2D factory drawings, GA drawings, piping specifications and equipment arrangement.
• Perform the piping design work, pipe layout.
• Perform the production of piping drawings and documents.
• Interfaces with other engineering disciplines, department and clients.
• Monitors piping design costs and schedules for projects.
• Performs occasional field work by obtaining information, making field sketches and verifying
• Generates design and detail drawings including orthographics, 3D Models, plans/sections and
• Interacts with clients to convey project design and identify scope changes.
• Review all project documents, piping layouts, orthographic drawings and isometrics for scope,
presentations and technical accuracy prior to issue.
• Work from hand isometric sketches in field, as well as isometric drawings from piping models.
• Model vendor equipment for projects.
What do we ask of a piping designer?
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or process technology.
• 3 to 5 or more years piping design and equipment layout experience, (preferably)
working in one or more of the following service areas: Natural Gas, Biogas or
• Experience in Consulting Engineering is desirable
• Field experience required
• Knowledgeable in Industry Standards such as API, ASME, ASTM and PIP.
• Computer Skills: ISAH ERP, Microsoft Office, especially Excel and SharePoint
• Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3d, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault
• You do not have an ‘9 till 5’ attitude;
• Good communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English, Mastering another
language is a plus;
We are industry leaders when it comes to biogas upgrading and we are proud of our approximate 90
team members globally. We are flexible, young and dynamic and we work hard to keep up with the
rapidly growing biogas and renewable energy industry. We like to acknowledge that our colleagues are
our biggest capital. It’s very simple. We believe that combining goals of our colleagues to company
goals contributes to our growth but also to your personal growth. Setting (collective) goals and
knowing what motivates you, results in an organization where everyone is enthusiastic, passionate
Do you want to become our new colleague? Please contact us!
At DMT you will be offered the opportunity to participate in various projects around the world.
Working with DMT is working with excellent, creative and energetic project teams. We work in small
teams with short communication lines and we would like to help you develop yourself. DMT offers
excellent primary and secondary working conditions such as a pension paid in full by the employer.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact our Manager Engineering, Pieter Kloosterman
(+31(0)513 63 67 89). You can send your application and Curriculum Vitae to the Human Resources
department by using: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 10 th of July 2022.