Procurement Manager (1 fte)
- Available at 01/11/2023
- Joure, the Netherlands
- Apply now
We are looking for an Procurement Manager
DMT is an internationally operating organization with offices in Europe and North America.
A fast-growing company with an innovative character that is passionate about the technologies it develops.
DMT works together with its customers and partners towards achieving a more sustainable world. We contribute to the future of our planet with our carbon capture technologies so that we leave it as green as possible for future generations. Working for DMT means being part of a revolution in renewable energy and sustainable development.
As the Procurement Manager at DMT you have the accountability for the procurement function in the Netherlands and the United States. You will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic approach to supplier spend and supplier management, with the goal of reducing supplier cost to DMT, rationalizing the supplier base, and increasing supplier quality, service and compliance.
You have a thorough knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles, and practices to be applied in the engineering and construction industry, with experience in project based procurement including consulting, environmental engineering and design-build. The responsibility for the negotiation of medium to large contracts and developing and implementing sound procurement policies is also part of your function.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Managing all (sub-) contracts to ensure projects/programs are achieved on time & within budget (improving performance).
- Negotiating effective deals with suppliers/service providers on a long-term bases
- Manage supplier selection and development. Ensuring supplier compliance in line with standard supplier on-boarding and due diligence.
- Translate market developments and strategic policy into tactical purchasing plans
- Develop agreed sourcing strategies and implementing active supplier performance management reviews.
- Identify principal risks and opportunities for subcontracting/procurement and support the project teams to mitigate them.
- Minimize total cost through exploiting and contributing to DMT group leverage and market awareness, negotiating supplier prices, contract terms and improvement programs as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to and support Procurement policies, procedures, and systems to implement a uniform method of work approaches that delivers best in class performance values
- Ensuring long-term cooperation and development with suppliers
- Advising the Management Team on the purchasing strategy
- Being and staying informed of developments and innovations in the market
- You will lead a small team professionals for direct and indirect procurement in the Netherlands.
- Bachelor or university degree in Business, Mechanical, Finance or similar fields
- At least 5 years of procurement experience in an engineering, construction, infrastructure, or similar industry. Demonstrated project procurement experience.
- Creating high performing teams, communicating vision and purpose, engaging others, and ensuring aligned objectives. Caring for employee wellbeing and recognizing and celebrating success.
- Mentoring and sponsoring people coming through the business and from outside. Proactively, supporting communities and social initiatives, and showing attention for the planet and sustainability.
- Possesses a strong client focus, as demonstrated by a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work assignments and new learning opportunities.
- Experience in managing internal business relationships at senior level.
- A qualified member of NEVI is a plus
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate themselves and others.
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Willing to travel to US office and suppliers
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
What we offer you
- A market-conform salary
- A company car
- A pleasant and open working environment
- A bonus scheme
- A contribution free pension
- An international and dynamic team of colleagues, who like to celebrate successes together
- Opportunities for personal development
Do you want to become our new colleague? Please contact us!
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Nienke Dijkstra, our HR manager.
(+31(0)513 63 67 89). You can send your application and Curriculum Vitae to the Human Resources
department by using: firstname.lastname@example.org.